5/02/2010

My Ass Is Feeling Much Less Abrased!!!


Pre PS: I'm a little tipsy.  The Neighbor
had the Opening Night of his Cafe.

So.
That was a little bit more like it.
The Other Therapist.

She was 75 and dressed in jeans.

You've gotta be hot for a shrink like that.

AND!!!
She practises EMDR!!!!
(Which, I think I no longer need--
but you never, ever know!).

She quickly broke that shit down
and was all over the cultural differences,
having lived 20 years in France after
living the rest of her LONG LIFE
in the UK and the US (Two Very
Different Cultures Which Share
a Somewhat Similar Language, Yo!).

I was worried that My Beloved
would feel a little overwhelmed
seeing that she was all about the
equality of the sexes.  He is, after
all, a French Man...and he is in the
process of discarding some long
believed indoctrinated beliefs

Like.  Really.  :

It is not acceptable that I put down the
bathroom tiles...even though I am better
at it...and he is better at cutting them.

But he liked her.
HE LIKED HER!!!

And we didn't have a breakdown,
neither singularly nor together.

AND
we didn't want to commit joint suicide
by way of drowning when we left!!!!

AND
in her office block there is a bakery.
SO
PAIN AU CHOCOLATS FOR EVERYONE
AFTER THE SESSION!!!!!

We learned One Very Interesting Thing:

In the relationship (both hetero and non-hetro)
each partner tends to pick someone
who is like their same-sex parent.

ie: I am fucking my mother.

WHO KNEW!!!!!

I always thought it was the opposite.
But, in fact, upon deeeeeeeep reflection,
it appears to be true.

Beloved is sleeping with a version of
his Pops, and I...with my Hot Mom.
(and she is.  Hot.)

TERRIFYING!!!!

But also

FASCINATING!!!!
NO???????

Try this out at home, kids!!!
Does your Beloved share similar
traits to your Mom (if female)
or Dad (if male).

It's a hot idea here in the
South of France, and we spent
Saturday further mudding the blossoming bedroom
while pausing to recount the many similarites
that each other had to the appropriate parental
figure.

I can tell you...his dad is something
of an asshole.  BUT.  an asshole for whom
I have grown to have a lot of affection.

But the fact remains: an asshole.

I share the traits of an asshole.

At times.
The truth can be a real ass-reamer.


I do, of course, according to My Beloved,
have many positive traits that the Pops
has not.  I am not like his father.
NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!!

But.
I am stubborn.
I am directive.
and a few other things that The Pops is too.

Whilst.
My Beloved has MANY of my mother's
good qualities.
BUT.
Like her, he betrayed my trust when
I was the most trusting....

as well as a few other things,
such as it irritates him when I am
tired in the morning...oh...and the
fact that I always ask "Why?".
(Why doesn't everyone ask "Why!?")

It also helped that I did not wish
to deck this therapist...who did not leave
me completely hanging like the other
therapist when I was weeping my silly
ass away.

CONCLUSION:
We are going with Lady Bilingual.


I hope you are all having a joy-saturated night!!!

3 comments:

Sara Louise said...

Congrats on finding your new therapist. The bilingual thing is great. I don't think therapy (or any doc appt) is the place to be messing about with language difficulties.
Going to have a think about that parent thing. Interesting (and a little scary)...

La Belette Rouge said...

I married my mother(only a MUCH better and more evolved version).
And, in my therapist guise, I would NEVER wear jeans.
xxoo

French Shelter said...

Lady SL: thank you! And, yes, it is SO VERY TRUE!!!

Madame Belette: But she was SO styling!!!!